By Dr. Karen Lindsay and Professor Fionnuala McAuliffe
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium red onion, peeled and finely sliced
2 tsp Herbes de Provence or mixed herbs
8 button mushrooms
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
4 small new cooked potatoes, cut into chunks
50g frozen peas
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
¼ tsp chilli flakes
½ bag baby spinach
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 large eggs, beaten
50g feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and herbs and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables, garlic and chilli flakes and cook for a few minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the baby spinach leaves and then dot the tomato halves around the pan on top of the vegetables.
- Pour over the eggs and scatter the feta cheese on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a few minutes until the eggs are starting to set and then place under a medium hot grill to finish cooking. Serve with sweet potato wedges and a green salad.
Fionnuala McAuliffe is Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at National Maternity Hospital Dublin.
Dr. Karen Lindsay is a Postdoctural Fellow