Easy roast pumpkin soup!
This perfect way to use up leftover pumpkin makes a hearty and tasty soup that’s perfect on a cold evening.
2 glugs of Olive oil
2 onions sliced
1 stick of celery sliced
2 cloves garlic diced
1kg of pumpkin (deseeded, peeled and chopped into 3cm chunks)
700 ml vegetable stock
150ml milk instead
- Place the pumpkin on a large baking trays and drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and some black pepper. Roast the pumpkin for 1 hour, or until soft and slightly caramalised at the edges.
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan, gently cook the onions, garlic and celery for 5 min or until soft not browned.
- Add the pumpkin chunks to the pan and pour over the hot stock and then simmer for 5 mins. Add the milk for the last minute or two.
- Purée with a hand blender.
Serve in bowls with warm crusty bread.