Obviously, pharmacists dispense prescriptions, but they can do much more for you. They can offer you:
- Information and advice on minor ailments for your baby (colic, cradle cap et)
- Information on minor ailments for you during and after pregnancy
- Information about medications
- Which medicines are best value
- Information on vitamins and herbal supplements
- Guide you to other health professionals or community services, if required
- Liase with your doctor on your health issues
- Health screening (including iron levels, blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid, bone density etc)
- Baby weighing
Most pharmacies carry a full range of baby products and can advise on the difference between products and which ones suit you best.
Irish Pharmacists are a really useful source of good quality health information for pregnant women and new mums that is easily accessible, personal and free.