320g ready-rolled short crust pastry
Flour for dusting
250g baby spinach leaves
2 medium free-range eggs
Splash of cream
25g Parmesan, grated
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
2-3 tbsp roughly chopped fresh dill
3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Dust a clean work surface with flour and open out the pastry sheet, flattening slightly with a rolling pin.
- Line a 19cm loose-bottomed tart tin with the pastry and press into the edges. Prick the pastry all over with a fork. Trim off the excess pastry, then line with baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice/
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove the beans/rice and paper and return to the oven for 5 minutes then set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix the ricotta, eggs, cream, parmesan, some seasoning and nutmeg in a jug. Add the spinach, dill and most of the pine nuts. Pour the mixture into the pastry case, top with the remaining pine nuts and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Scatter with more dill and serve with salad.