As a general guideline it is suggested that you present yourself to the hospital if you have any of the following:
- Contractions coming every 10 minutes for 1.5 to 2 hours lasting longer than 40 seconds. (At this stage you will generally be about 1cm dilated)
- You are concerned by diminished fetal movements (you should be happy that you have had at least 10 baby movements in a 12 hour period)
- Your waters have broken
- You start bleeding heavily
- You would be more relaxed having a midwife close at hand
- If you are in any way concerned or anxious call your hospital.